INDIAN ACADEMY OF PAIN (IAPM)
To bring up an academic formation to propagate teaching of pain medicine and to implement quality oriented pain medicine practice in India
across all sectors at organized national level rather than remaining in private sector.
- Advance the practice of pain medicine in India through delivery of highest possible quality oriented pain management.
- Institute a college/academy to establish teaching/ training pain medicine
- Define the course characteristics – start a course on pain medicine.
- Establish internationally approved pain treatment protocol and make the same available at District level hospitals and corporate hospitals.
- Initiate a Pain Register for incidents reporting and referral.