[one_full last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””]
Indian Society For Study Of Pain (Indian Chapter Of International Association For The Study Of Pain)
Rules, Regulations and Amendments
Registration Number: UP /470 / 84 – 85 (Act. 21, 1860)
Plot No 39A, Road No 2, Film Nagar,
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500033,
- To promote academic and scientific activities in the field of pain in India.
- To promote the awareness regarding pain and it’s management amongst the people.
- To encourage researches in the field of pain and related branches.
- To organize Continuing Medical Educations ( C.M.E.s)and training programs in the field of pain in India .
- To organize meetings and conferences in the field (Olin in different parts of the country.
- To publish scientific papers, Journals and newsletters aimed to upgrade the knowledge and skill about understanding and management of pain and it’s related problems in India.
- To establish guidelines and protocols for running of pain clinics in different parts of India.
- To seek the affiliations with national and international associations, Organizations and bodies to achieve the objectives of the society.
- To generate funds to carry out,the objectives of the society.
- To take necessary actions as shall be considered with furthering the aims and objectives of the society.
- Persons actively associated with the management or researches on pain are eligible for membership.
- Persons not having any medical qualification shall be enrolled only after scrutiny by the executive committee.
Members of the Society shall be of 5 categories as follows
- Ordinary Member: Scientist of Consultant status who are practicing pain therapy or othenvise engaged in pain research shall be eligible for this membership. They shall have the voting rights as well as rights to propose. second, Contest or hold any office in the society.
- Associate Member: Scientists having an interest in the clinical practice of pain or research in pain in addition to the major responsibility in allied areas. They shall have no voting rights as well as no rights to propose. second, contest or hold any office in the society.
- Patron Member: Eminent scientists and other very eminent people associated with the development of pain and its application shall be invited to be patrons of the society. But even their names also have to be discussed and approved by the Executive Committee and (IBM).They shall have no voting rights as well as no rights to propose, second. Contest or hold any office in the society.
- Corporate Member: Person from industry who has an active contribution to the requirements of the society. They shall have no voting rights.
- Overseas Members: Scientists and Clinicians working in the field of pain from abroad. Any further addition or deductions in their names should be done only after discussions and approval by the Executive Committee and GBM. They shall have no voting rights.
- Only life membership fees shall be accepted to be a member of the society.
- One time subscription fees for the life membership will be Rs. 2000/-for a (Amended XVII AGB).The amount of the one time Life membership subscription fees shall be subjected to change according to and only after the approval of (IBM). – Twenty five percent of each subscription of the new member shall be retained by the State / City Branch and rest of the amount has to be sent to
the secretariat (Amend XV AGB)
- No additional membership fee shall be collected by the state or city branch from any of the member. The name of the State / City Branch shall be ‘Indian Society for Study of Pain – State/City Branch’. eg.- Indian Society for Study of Pain – Maharashtra State Branch. The Voucher Receipts: Letter head pads as well as letter envelopes etc. should bear only the ‘logo’ of Indian Society for Study of Pain and nothing else. (Amend XV AGB) two years. The Executive Committee may arrange to hold such meetings or conferences in India or elsewhere.
- When held in India, one such meeting can be convened in the same place as the annual general body meeting of the society. so as not to conflict with the same.
- The Conference Brochure and Banner should bear the logo of ISSP only. Name of the conference should be ………………… No. of Annual Conference of Indian Society for Study of Pain organized by ……. State Chapter (Amended by XVI AGB).
- This oration lecture (in the memory of Late Ski I Hansraj Nayyer) was started in the n ear 1998.
- It shall be held every year on the second day of the annual conference.
- For this oration. the parent pharmaceutical company has agreed to donate Rs. 50.000/- (Rupees filly thousand only) and a Memento ( for the Orator) to the ISSP secretariat.
- This will be an initial contract (renewable) between the ISSP and the parent company for a period of three years only
- Out of this money, the secretariat should give half of the amount (Rupees Twenty five thousand only) to the local organizers of the pain conference.
- In return. The ISSP central body and secretariat has agreed to provide the sponsoring pharmaceutical company. a free stall in the exhibition area of the conference as well as a free advertisement of their products in the journal or newsletter or souvenir The orator and other facts related to this oration shall be decided.
According to the following rules and regulations:
- Orator’s name shall be discussed and finalized unanimously in the Executive Committee meeting of the conference one year in advance and shall be declared in the General Body Meeting of the conference.
- The selected Orator shall be a life member for at least 10 years, shall be a regular attendee to the pain conferences and shall have served and contributed to the ISSP- national body in any position as an Office bearer.
- He / she shall not be an Office bearer of the MP central body in that particular year.
- He / she can be from the same state or place of the conference. But at the same time, it shall also be noted as well as followed strictly that the orator and life time achievement awardees shall not belong to the same place or state in any conference.
- The secretariat shall bear to and fro travel expenses of the awardee. The travel expense should not be more than the second AC train fare by the shortest route.
- The local conference organizers shall arrange to provide the local hospitality towards the awardee.
- This life-time achievement award was started in the year 2003 by the Jansson-Cilag pharmaceutical company. It will be held every year during the annual pain conference.
- For this award, the parent pharmaceutical company has agreed to donate Rs. 5,000/-( Rupees five thousand only ). Out of this money only. the company will make a Memento ( for the awardce ) and the balance amount will be handed over to the ISSP secretariat, which in turn will hand over the said balance amount to the awardee.
- This shall he an initial contract (renewable) between the ISSP and the parent company Ihr a period of three years Qnly.
- Out of this money, The secretariat shall not be bound to give any share to the local organizers.
- In return, The ISSP central body and the secretariat has committed of giving a free advertisement of their products in the journal or newsletter. Life-time achievement awardee and other facts related to this event will be decided according to the following rules and regulations
- The name of the recipient of the Life-time achievement award shall he discussed and finalized unanimously in the Executive Committee meeting of the conference one year in advance and shall be declared in the General Body Meeting of the conference.
- The selected person shall be a life member for at least 10 years and shall have served and contributed to the ISSP – national body in any position as an Office bearer.
- He / she can be from the same state or place of the conference. But at the same time, it should be noted as well as followed strictly that the orator and life time achievement awardees should not belong to the same place or state in any conference.
- Neither the secretariat nor the local conference organizers shall be bound to provide any other facilities or bear any other expenses ( e.g.- travel allowance or local hospitality ) towards the awardee.
- May elect the local organizing secretary to organize the next annual meeting and scientific sessions.
Extra-ordinary General Body Meeting
Extra-ordinary General Body Meeting may be called by the President or in his absence by the Vice-president up to the request of the Executive Committee or the request of the 1/3I” of the Members of the society.
Request for such a meeting must state it’s objectives and must be signed by the requisitionists and deposited with the Honorary Secretary of the society.
Notice of the Meeting
The Honorary Secretary shall give the Notice of the meetings provided that the period of the notice will be as follows
- Scientific and General Body Meeting not less than two calendar months. Executive Committee Meeting not less than four weeks.
- Extra-ordinary Meetings not less than two weeks.
Notice oldie Extra-ordinary Meeting should be sent within two weeks of the receipt of the request.
A mid-term meeting shall be called by the President or in his absence the Vice-President or the Honorary Secretary., for which the rules will be as
- The aim of such a meeting shall be, to facilitate a smooth co-ordination between the ISSP secretariat and Conference secretariat, for the successful organization of the conference.
- This meeting shall be held between August to October of the year and preferably, at the place of the conference.
- The proposed dates of such a meeting shall not be changed unless there is a genuine reason and only after discussion between the secretariat and local organizers.
- The notice for this meeting should reach all the executive committee members, at least one month before the scheduled date.
- It is mandatory for all the ISSP executive committee members as well as local conference organizers to attend this meeting. (Except in the exceptional and unavoidable circumstances).
- Attendance register of this meeting should be maintained.
- A member shall cease to be in the Executive Committee, if he / she does not attend two consecutive mid-term meetings.
- Minutes of this meeting should be recorded and produced at the time of annual GBM.
- Members attending the mid-term meeting shall be eligible for the 3″1 AC train fare by the shortest route, to and fro from the venue of the meeting. (Amended in XVIth AGB)
- The organizers of the conference shall be responsible for the local hospitality of the members attending the mid-term meeting.
- The organizers of the conference shall discuss about the updates of the conference, their financial problems and faculties etc during this meeting.
- If needed, venue shall be inspected by the team of the executive committee members during the mid-term meeting.
- The Executive committee shall have rights to make the necessary changes in the conference schedule and proceedings, provided these changes shall be beneficial to the society, conference and subject matters.
The Executive Committee shall consist of the followings
- The President: one
- The Past President: one
- The Vice-Presidents: two
- The Secretary: one
- The Past Secretary: one
- The Joint Secretary: one
- The Treasurer: one
- The Editor: one
Executive Members: 10. ( Maximum limit ) Ten elected members from amongst the ordinary members of the society.
Overseas Representative: One representative of each regional branches ( State )
Representative from Specialties other than Anesthesia: (Three instead of five – Amended by XVIth AGB)
Members of the Editorial Board: shall be a life member of ISSP and selected by the Executive Committee Members – (Amended by AGB)
Quorum: The quorum for the Executive Committee will be 6 (six).
Election of the Executive Committee:
- The President, Vice-president, Secretary and Executive Committee Members shall be elected by the life members of the Society following the procedure from time to time as provided by the By laws.
- The Editor, Joint Secretary and Treasurer shall be nominated by the Executive Committee from the life members of the Society present in the GBM.
- Treasurer: should be preferably from the same place as that of the Secretary. (unless in the exceptional circumstances)
- Secretary shall nominate the name of the treasurer from the Eligible life members list, who has completed one Full term of Executive
- Shall in the absence of the Secretary, have the powers, rights and duties as those of the Secretary.
- Shall assist the Secretary in day to day business.
- Will arrange collection of funds necessary for maintenance of the Society and its activities and keep them in deposit with a bank approved by the Society. No member of any committee should be allowed to incur any loan etc. Without consent from the Secretary and Treasurer of the Society (Amended by XIIth AGB).
- Shall issue receipts for all values received for the Society.
- Shall keep bills or vouchers and also payees receipts whenever possible for payments made by him/her and maintain a regular record of Society’s accounts.
- Shall operate accounts of the Society jointly with the Hon. Secretary or Joint-secretary of the Society.
- Shall prepare and make available to the Secretary the annual statements of income and expenditure for the annual report.
- Will be authorized to make expenses available to the members for scientific, Academic and administrative activities of the Society.
Executive Committee Members:
- To regularly attend meetings of the Executive Committee and take active interest in its activities.
- To render and cause to be rendered financial and other help to the Society to the best of their capacity.
- Shall cease to be a member of the Executive Committee if he / she does not attend three consecutive meetings of the Executive Committee, Including mid-term meetings.
- Such a candidate, whose E.C. membership has been ceased due to any reason, will not be eligible for any election for any post of office bearer in the future. (Amended by XV AGB)
- Publish a journal of the Society.
- Editorial Board shall open separate Bank account which will be jointly operated by the Editor and one Nominated Member from the E.C. Within three months of the change of Editor, New account has to be opened by the newly elected Editor.
- 50% of the interest of the Membership subscription shall go to the Editorial fund each year.
- 33% share of the money, Handed over by the conference organizers shall also go to the Journal fund. (Amended XIII AGB).
- Amendments of the Rules and Regulations can be proposed by the Executive Committee or the General Body.
- The proposed alteration will be circulated by the Honorary Secretary by post to all the ordinary full members of the Society for the approval.
- If at the end of one month period from the date of circulation. objections to it as received by the Honorary Secretary are less than 50% of the registered members of the Society, the amendments shall be effective.
- An account in the name of the Society shall be opened in the Bank. which shall be operated by any two members out of Secretary, Joint-secretary or Treasurer.
- 33% share of the Surplus money from the conference shall be handed over to the central ISSP body, by the conference organizers.
- Accounting year of the Society shall be from In‘ February to 3l January. (Amend XV AGB)
- Accounts of the Society shall be audited annually and a report and a budget made by the Treasurer shall be presented to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to appoint auditors and other experts as per need of the Society and decide the payments of such experts. Executive Committee shall have power to invest, deposit the money or open separate accounts in the bank as per need.
- Gift and Donations: Gill and Donations may be received from any other party or parties or charities who may contribute to the fund of the Association for the purpose of the Society.
Hie funds and the estates of the Society shall be derived from the annual subscription of members, grants. donations and other endowments accepted by the Executive Committee on behalf of the Society. They shall be administered by the Treasurer acting on instructions from the Executive Committee for the furtherance of the object of the Society.
- The accounts of the Society shall be audited annually and a report and a budget made by the Treasurer shall be presented to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
- The Executive Committee shall have the power to appoint auditors and other experts as per need of the Society and decide the payments of such experts.
- Executive Committee shall have power to invest, deposit thc money or open separate accounts in the bank as per need.
- The amount of the Life membership fees shall be decided from time to time by the General Body of the Society.
- Candidate will be entitled for the training sponsorship once only and no repetition will be permitted at any time.